FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Here you can find specific answers for various questions. If you can´t find the answer you are looking for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the costs if I want to make an amendment or cancel?
Fees for cancelling a rental car from TUI CARS:
Amendments and cancellations will be made free of charge provided you inform us at least 24 hours before the start of the rental.
You can cancel your rental car booked on tuicars.com by yourself under this link.
After this point in time a fee of 80% of the rental price will be charged. You will not be entitled to a refund if you reduce the length of the rental period after you have picked up the vehicle. We cannot accept any agreements made at the place of rental.
Cancellation fees for EagleRider motorcycles:
Cancellation fee before the start of rental:
more than 30 days before rental: free of charge
from 30th day before rental: 40% of the price
from 24th day before rental: 50% of the price
from 17th day before rental: 60% of the price
from 10th day before rental: 80% of the price
from 3rd day before rental or in event of not picking up the motorcycle: 95% of the rental price.
How is the amount of deposit calculated for the car rental?
The amount of deposit you have to pay is indicated in the Terms and Conditions of Rental. Generally the amount of the deposit is equivalent at least to the price of a tank full of petrol plus the amount of personal excess. Note that in some countries the deposit must be made by means of a normal bank credit card, whereby the driver must be the holder of the card.
Please take note of the Terms and Conditions of Rental of the respective provider.
Are there any additional costs?
No, our prices are inclusive prices.
Extra services such as personal and passenger insurance, child seats, roof racks and one-way rentals are generally charged extra at the place of rental and must be paid for locally to the provider.
What methods can I use to pay?
Payment can be made by credit card – TUI Card, VISA, Eurocard, American Express, Diners Club etc. – or by PayPal or direct debit.
What is the procedure for getting the excess amount repaid?
In the event of any damage to the car please note the following procedure:
- Inform the rental office immediately
- If someone else is involved in the accident call the police immediately and get them to prepare a police report
- When you return the vehicle get the rental office staff to issue and sign a damage report
In the event of damage, the following procedure must be always be adhered to:
- The rental office must be informed immediately.
- If another party is involved in the accident, the police must be notified immediately and a police report made.
- When you hand back the vehicle in the destination, get the rental office staff to prepare and sign a damage report.
To claim the refund of the excess you must provide the following documents:
- TUI CARS travel confirmation
- Copy of the rental contract
- Damage and police report
- Proof of payment of excess (receipt or proof that your credit card has been debited)
Please send these documents together with your bank details (IBAN + BIC) to:
TUI Deutschland GmbH
In the following cases repayment of the excess amount is excluded:
- If the damage was caused by disregarding the rental conditions
- If it is a case of grossly negligent action or drink-driving
- For a lost or damaged car key
- For costs that arise as a result of damage to the clutch caused by incorrect use
- For damage to the vehicle interior
- For costs that arise as a result of filling the wrong type of fuel
- For items that have been damaged or stolen from the vehicle
- For follow-up costs, such as towing or telephone costs, cost of overnight stay in hotel
- For any charges made by the rental company for processing the damage
Likewise a refund cannot be made when the main damage is not settled by the insurance in the destination. This applies to technical faults on the vehicle and in cases of gross negligence.
Is there any extra insurance cover included in the price?
Extra insurance is already included in the price in some countries, whereas in other countries it can be taken out for an additional fee when you pick up the vehicle in the destination. Basis for the insurance cover are the local laws and the contract conditions. Refer to the information on your TUI CARS rental voucher for the costs that will be due in at the place of rental.
THE EU PACKAGE TRAVEL DIRECTIVE
What is included?
Our prices as a rule include the following services*:
- Fully comprehensive cover is included in the rental price together with a refund of the personnel excess in all countries – (except for Cuba). Damage to tyres, glass, the roof and underbody is likewise covered (unless the damage was caused by gross negligence or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
- Theft cover is included in the rental price and covers theft of the vehicle. Not insured are items in the vehicle, such as sat navs and laptop computers.
- Liability insurance is included in the price (except for Cuba) and covers personal injury, damage to property and financial loss to third parties. As the amount of cover provided differs from country to country the car rental price includes in some countries extra third-party insurance cover that takes effect after the liability insurance concluded with the rental company has been used up. The exact amounts of insurance cover are detailed in the relevant car rental terms and conditions of the respective rental company.
- Unlimited mileage (except for Israel for 1-2 days rental, Austria category P, Australia/RedSpot category G and Australia/Europcar category H+K)
- Airport collection/fees (except for Israel, Cuba and Cyprus)
- Local taxes
* see the rental conditions referring to the specific country
Can I reserve a specific vehicle model?
Your booking refers to a vehicle group. The vehicle models
illustrated in our offers represent solely examples of the performance
and fittings of cars in each vehicle group.
Unfortunately we cannot confirm that you will be given a specific vehicle model.
Do I have to return the car with a full tank?
Yes, generally the car will be handed over to you with a full tank and you should return it with a full tank. If you return the car with a less than full tank you will be charged extra costs for the petrol used and for the service of refilling.
Alternatively there is the option in many countries to buy the first full tank of petrol. In this case you will be handed over the car with a full tank and can return it with an empty tank. You will not receive a refund for any petrol remaining in the tank.
How can I find the car rental office in the country I am travelling to?
You will find the address of the rental office at which you can pick
up and return your car on the TUI CARS rental voucher which you were
sent by email when you booked
What is the minimum age to drive?
The driver must as a rule be at least 21 years of age and have held a driving licence for at least one year.
Can other people drive the rented car?
Yes, however it is necessary to have the name(s) of any additional driver(s) included in the rental contract before you pick up the car. This can usually be done for a fee payable at the place of rental. Note that insurance cover exists only for the people whose names have been included in the rental contract.
What do I have to do in the event of a breakdown or an accident?
Usually our partners offer an emergency service around the clock. In the event of an accident notify the police immediately and make sure that a police report is prepared. When you return the vehicle get the rental office staff to issue and sign a damage report. Refer to your travel documents for further information.